employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Ajinomoto Foods North America
3131 Quail Ave, Joplin, MO 64804
The Floor Mechanic will monitor, repair and maintain the plants’ production equipment as well as perform maintenance on the facility and its utilities. Including, performing preventative maintenance tasks on assigned equipment, setting up and testing equipment for startup, and inspecting, lubricating and making necessary repairs to equipment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties, responsibilities and activities are listed in no particular order and may be changed or updated at any time with or without notice.) Troubleshoot, repair and maintain processing equipment both mechanical and electrical Inspect, recognize potential problems, and take appropriate action to prevent component failure Monitor machinery to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement Collaborate within the Maintenance Planner to schedule and develop routine and preventative maintenance schedules Assist Team Leaders and Machine Operators in efficient line start up and equipment adjustments Perform building maintenance and repairs as needed to include carpentry, plumbing, and painting Adhere to all company policies, procedures, GMPs, and SOPs Work safely and promote a safe work environment Weld and fabricate machinery when necessary Perform other duties as assigned Temperatures throughout plant average 50 degrees. Temperatures in the cooking area can exceed 80 degrees. Required to wear hairnet, smock, boots or overshoes, ear plugs, gloves, plastic sleeves, and aprons provided by the Company. Need to comply with Food Safety: GMP’s, SSOP, SOP, HACCP, SQF and Quality requirements. Employee Safety Responsibilities: Report all injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and horseplay Use proper lifting techniques Use mechanical assistance (handjack, forklift, manlift) Use personal assistance (buddy) Use handrails Use and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Shift start: 6:00PM
- Shift length: 12 hours
- Days: Pitman 6P-6A
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college coursework preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and components including chains, sprockets, gears, bushings, bearings, gear boxes and other moving parts
- Previous Refrigeration experience a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with coworkers, supervisors and department managers required
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to reach, bend, kneel, stooping, crouching/squatting, crawling, climbing stairs/ladders.
- Lifting and/or carrying up to 100 pounds for a distance of 20ft.
- Will be exposed to loud industrial type environments commonly found at plants.
- Varied temperatures from hot and humid to very cold.
- Must be at least 18+ years old
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 100 lbs
About Ajinomoto Foods North America
At Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc., it is our main priority to cook delicious food that not only tastes great but feels great. We are dedicated to sharing the joy and creating memorable experiences through our passion for food. As a leading brand in the frozen food industry, we offer a wide range of cultural cuisines that creates unique and memorable dining experiences for all consumers. Ajinomoto Windsor delivers exciting flavors from all corners of the world to the comfort of your own home.